Structure and history
MABS operates from over 60 offices nationwide. The MABS offices operate an appointment scheduling system and each service is staffed by experienced Money Advisers who work with clients experiencing difficulties with a wide range of personal debts including personal loans, mortgages, credit card debt, catalogue debts, debts to legal moneylenders and hire purchases.
MABS is governed by eight regional boards. These are:
- North Connacht and Ulster MABS CLG (Registered Charity No: 20202034) (counties Cavan, Donegal, Sligo, Leitrim, and Monaghan)
- South Connacht MABS CLG (Registered Charity No:20202232) (counties Galway, Mayo and Roscommon)
- South Munster MABS CLG (Registered Charity No: 20202874) (counties Cork and Kerry)
- North Munster MABS CLG (counties Clare, Limerick, Waterford and Tipperary) South Leinster MABS CLG (counties Carlow, Kilkenny, Laois, Offaly, Wicklow and Wexford) North Leinster MABS CLG (Registered Charity No:20201951 ) (counties Meath, Westmeath, Louth, Kildare, Longford)
- Dublin North MABS CLG (Registered Charity No:20204878 ) (North Dublin postcodes)
- South Dublin MABS CLG (Registered Charity No:20200674) (South Dublin post codes)
MABS also has a Helpline (0761 07 2000) that operates Monday to Friday from 9 am to 8 pm.
MABS is funded and supported by the Citizens Information Board.