ISI Issues Important Notice for Those Experiencing Debt Payment DifficultiesFollow @MABSinfo
17:30 | 20th March 2020
In the prevailing circumstances regarding Covid-19, the ISI is mindful of the practical difficulties being experienced by many. If you are currently availing of one of the statutory debt solutions below and are experiencing difficulties making agreed payments, please note the following:
- The ISI understands that those who are making repayments in relation to a Debt Relief Notice (DRN) may currently be experiencing difficulties in making those payments. Those who find themselves in this situation should contact the Case Management Division of the Insolvency Service of Ireland by e-mail at or phone at 0761064200, to discuss the matter on a case-by-case basis.
- If you are experiencing difficulty with meeting agreed repayments in respect of a court approved Debt Settlement Arrangement (DSA) or Personal Insolvency Arrangement (PIA), please contact your Personal Insolvency Practitioner (PIP) to discuss.
- Where persons are currently experiencing difficulties in the payment of their bankruptcy order payments, they should contact the Bankruptcy Payment Order section of the Insolvency Service of Ireland by e-mail at or phone at 0761064232, to discuss the matter on a case-by-case basis.
The ISI encourages anyone with serious debt issues to consult a Personal Insolvency Practitioner or an Approved Intermediary, details of which are available on or by calling 076 106 4200. People can also freetext GETHELP to 50015 for a call back from the ISI.
Please follow MABS on Twitter: @MABSinfo to be kept up to date with MABS related COVID-19 information.
MABS is open and money advisers are available to take your money advice queries by phone and email.
You can contact your local MABS office or call the MABS Helpline on 0761 07 2000, Monday to Friday, from 9am to 8pm or you can check the MABS website for further updates and guidance.
For further information on Covid-19, please use these trusted information sources:
- Latest updates on Coronavirus COVID-19 on Gov.ie
- Information on COVID-19 from the Health Protection Surveillance Centre
- Overview of COVID-19 on Citizensinformation.ie