Meal Planner - Week Two
Welcome to Week Two of our four week meal plans. How did you get on last week? If you're just joining us, feel free to look back at last weeks or you can start from this week. Our meal plans help you plan for the week ahead so you can do your "big shop" knowing what you need to buy. These delicious suggestions will be taken from our 101 Square Meals cookbook and the Safe Food Recipe hub, both of which are full of healthy and nutritionally balanced meals.
Simply click on image below to access the weekly menu. You can save the image on your phone and use the plan to make a shopping list of all the ingredients you need. Don't forget to check your cupboards for dry goods like herbs or spices, or your fridge or freezer for ingredients you might already have. Shopping lists are a great tool to keep you on track and help reduce waste as you only buy what you need.
- Omelettes - add your favourite vegetables and any left overs in the fridge before going shopping.
- Porridge - add a variety of fruits and berries (frozen can be used) to porridge and try using honey instead of sugar.
- Dinner - Chicken or meat can be added to the vegetarian meals and Quorn (or your favourite substitute) used to replace the meat in dishes.
Safe Food Links:
- Veggie topped bagels with poached egg
- Cheese and vegetable omelette
- Cheese and Ham Bagel
- Crackers about Cheese
- Spooky Skeleton
This meal planner is only a suggestion, feel free to swap out anything you like with your own favourites. The aim of this planner is help with preparing for your weekly shop, to help to reduce waste and make mealtimes more affordable!
Do you know someone who would find value in this family menu planner? Please share using the following buttons: